Come celebrate with your Black Hills Regional Ski for Light friends at this year’s Summer Light event held at Camp Bob Marshall, located in the heart of the beautiful Black Hills, six miles east of Custer on the northeast shore of Bismarck Lake.
Trout fishing, canoeing and kayaking, and swimming on Bismarck Lake, are key recreational activities. Bob Marshall’s setting, the picturesque ponderosa pine forest of the southern Black Hills intermingled with aspen and spruce, is an ideal area for bird watching, nature and rock studies. For many who attend, Camp Bob Marshall is the last chance to relax before the school year starts. This event is very family-friendly so feel free to bring your family and have them meet your Ski for Light friends.
The cabins and shower facilities at Bob Marshall are wheelchair accessible. Sleeping bags are recommended for the beds located in the cabins. You are welcome to bring your camper.
EVENT COST: The event cost is $50 which includes all meals and the camper fees Bob Marshall charges our organization.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please understand that we are not able to provide individual attendants and/or supervision.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED IN ADVANCE. If you have other questions/concerns, please feel free to call the Black Hills Regional Ski for Light office at 605-341-3626.
We certainly hope you will attend. This event is increasing more in popularity as people find out how much fun it is. Besides, it is a good way to get a head start on the winter event.
What to expect at Camp Bob Marshall:
- We have numerous one room, spacious cabins with bunkbeds. The cabins are shared with other Ski For Light participants and volunteers.
- You’ll want to bring a sleeping bag, pillow, bath towel and shower supplies.
- There is a large, separate shower and toilet facility that is wheelchair accessible.
- There’s also a very nice main lodge building that we all gather in for wonderful meals and socialization.
- Fishing gear is available if needed but a SD Fishing License is required.