We offer two skiing venues, cross-country and down-hill, at our annual winter Ski for Light (SFL) event. This four day event is held the latter part of January. The cross-country area is located on Wharf Resources, a mine reclamation area, while the down-hill area is located at Terry Peak Ski Area. We welcome all blind/visually impaired individuals and mobility impaired individuals to join us and participate in these activities. All levels of experience from the individual who has never skied to the advanced skier are welcome. The highlight of the event is the last day’s fun races where skiers have a chance to show off their skiing skills.
Event Dates: January 2023
Please join us for boating, bicycling, fishing, fun in the sun, campfires, cabins and SFL camaraderie!
What to expect at Camp Bob Marshall:
- We have numerous one room, spacious cabins with bunk beds. The cabins are shared with other Ski For Light participants and volunteers.
- You’ll want to bring a sleeping bag, pillow, bath towel and shower supplies.
- There is a large, separate shower and toilet facility that is wheelchair accessible.
- There’s also a very nice main lodge building that we all gather in for wonderful meals and socialization.
- Fishing gear is available if needed but a SD Fishing License is required.
Event Dates: August 2022
Annual Ski Swap
Have your kids outgrown their ski gear? Do you have unused ski equipment taking up room in closets? Bring it to our Ski Swap! Drop off at The Monument (Civic Center – Rushmore Hall) on Friday, Nov. (TBD) from 5-8 PM or Saturday, Nov. (TBD) from 8-11 AM. You can donate the items or set the price you would like to sell it for – if it sells, you’ll receive 70% of the proceeds. The remaining balance goes to the Black Hills Ski for Light program.
Skis – Snowboards – Boots – Poles – Coats/Jackets – Ski Pants – Gloves – Helmets – And more!
Swap sales are Saturday, Nov. (TBD) from 12-3 PM at The Monument (Civic Center-Rushmore Hall). Experts will be on hand for fit advice.
Event Dates: November 2022